[Position Filled] We are seeking an undergraduate lab assistant
Undergraduate Lab Assistant
The human motion and control undergraduate lab assistant will assist the principal investigator, staff, and students with various administration duties, participate in research experiment preparation, and help with research analytics. Typical duties will range from managing lab equipment purchases and being a preliminary test subject for experiments to administering the website and assisting in software data analytics projects. We are looking for an undergraduate student who is well organized, a good communicator especially for purchasing negotiations, learns quickly and open to a variety of tasks, has interest in robotics, web development, programming, mechatronics, and biomechanics.
- Enjoys computers
- Basic knowledge of programming in any language
- Good with spreadsheet software (Google Spreadsheets)
- Engineering mathematics
- Familiar with social media (youtube, twitter, blogs, facebook)
- Basic fabrication skills (metal, wood, electronics)
It is OK if you don't have the following skills yet, but you will be learning them. Having familiarity is a plus.
- Mechanical, electrical, or biomedical engineering background
- Considers themselves a maker and/or hacker
- System administration, preferably Unix web servers
- Web development, design (html/css) or back-end and knowledge of Plone is a plus
- Programming in Python and/or Matlab
Send you're resume and a cover letter explaining why you'd be a good fit for the job to Dr. Jason K. Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org). We are taking applications on a rolling basis and hoping to get the student started before the end of June.